Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Great Debate

Most, if not all, of you know by now that after months of passively searching, I have found a job.

I work for Blendtec. My official title is “International Sales Assistant” but if you ask me to my face I’m likely to reply that I am an “International Account Manager”. The later sounds cooler and more important and I’m all about that…

Since starting my job I have been asked MANY times about which product is better, Blendtec or Vitamix?

I thought I’d take a moment to share my view here and set the record straight.

You may think that because I work for Blendtec I am biased, that I’ve probably never even touched a Vitamix. Not so my dear friends, not so. My parents gave Dave and I a Vitamix for Christmas last year, before I had even considered working at Blendtec. Those 9 months we had with our Vitamix changed our lives, *ahem*, I mean-kitchen, (You know what I’m talking about if you have one of these miracle workers). We fell in love with it!

This August I started working for Blendtec. I worked on the factory floor for a couple of weeks, building blenders to learn how the worked and all the parts and pieces. And of course I have a Blendtec now. The company gives all its employees a reconditioned model to love and cherish.

So, in case you’re interested:



Vitamix Pros:

Spout on the jar which makes pouring the contents very slick.

Dial which allows you to easily control the speed

Vitamix Cons:

It’s BIG and BULKY and HEAVY. It won’t fit on our counter top (under the cupboards) with the Jar on.

Blendtec Pros:

Small base. Easily fits on countertop

Pleasing LCD screen which counts your cycles, reads your programs, and does your cycle count down by seconds.

Pre-programmed buttons with custom cycles for your blending needs. Ex: smoothie cycle, soup cycle, sauces cycle. You get the point. Also because of the buttons you can push it and walk away, no need to baby sit your smoothie.

Blendtec Cons:

No adjustable dial. However, there is and up and down button for the speed- but there is just something comforting about being able to control a machine with a dial…

No spout on the jar

Both Blenders are SUPER easy to clean. The blade is built into the jar so to clean it you fill it with a cup of water and a drop of dish soap and run it like you would make a smoothie. Pour the suds into the sink and rinse and voilĂ ! You’re finished! No taking the blade out to wash and worrying about cutting yourself. Let’s face it, the worst part about making a smoothie is cleaning the blender…

I should mention that these amazing machines do more than smoothies. They both do: Soups, dips, sauces, dressings, ice cream, whole juice and can act as a food processor, grain grinder, bread dough maker etc.

When purchasing one of these blenders it really comes down to a matter of preference based on the pros and cons list I provided above. And either way you look at it-Dave and I run one mean smoothie shop…

1 comment:

  1. So cool. What a fun job. We have a vitamix and we love it but I read that you can grind grains in the Blentec and I think that would be an added bonus. You will have to give us some of your smoothie recipes.

    ReplyDelete