Sunday, November 6, 2011

Car Troubles-Nov 8, 2010

I have a four hour break every Monday and Wednesday. Noon to four can be SOOOO long when you’re confined to BYU campus. Sometimes I utilize this time well, I can be really productive if I so choose…meaning, if I’m in a serious time crunch and trying to meet a homework deadline these four hours can be god-sent. But mostly they’re just long. Which brings me to this post.

This is our car. 2002 Chevy Silverado. 2 Wheel Drive. Dave would be ashamed of me if I didn’t mention it has a V8 engine. (note, car pictured is our ACTUAL car, all other images are courtesy of the internet


Yeah, I said 2 wheel drive. And we live in Utah. And Dave drives up Provo Canyon everyday to get to work.

And winter is fast approaching…

In short we are in a transportation predicament.

May I mention here that we love this car. Dave LOVES having a truck, and I like it because I feel cool driving it. Not to mention we have a lot of memories in this truck:post mission dating, engagement, marriage…etc. We’ve had a lot of long drives and talks in that car. We’ve gone star gazing, and movie watching (when you have a truck all you need is a lap top and redbox, drive out into the country and enjoy a movie under the stars). But now I’m getting TOO sentimental…

Last weekend we went car shopping and were RAZOR close to buying this


(2006 V6 Toyota Camry)

I mean, our-pen-was-to-the-paper close. In the end Dave and I both didn’t feel good about it.

But we still have our car problem.

Ideally we’d purchase one of these, (This is the 2009 model but we’re not picky about the year. It’s the “TDI” status we care about


Isn't she beautiful?
And winter approaches...

No comments:

Post a Comment