Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bullet Points on a Saturday Night-March 26, 2010

-My sister Jamie is 26 today. Happy birthday Jamie! She’s one of the most talented people that I know. She’s creative, funny, a people gatherer, a great cook, and she has a talented eye for fashion and design. In high school, she was head cheerleader and the homecoming queen. She had hundreds of friends at the SIX colleges that she attended. She’s a great mother and the husband that she chose is someone that I constantly look to as an example of manliness and character.
-I have never seen a Bobby Flay Throwdown in which Bobby Flay does not win. If you are a chef invited for a Food Network “special” and Flay shows up, grab your spatula and run for the hills. He’s not going to lose.
-Can you tell by the previous topic that we don’t have ESPN in our apartment? Ahh, SportsCenter, how I miss those halcyon days of yore!
-Speaking of ESPN, Rick Reilly wrote one of the most classless articles that I have ever read. His topic was Jimmer Fredette. Ok, Rick. We all know that Jimmer doesn’t play defense and that he missed a lot of threes against Florida. You’re not a analytical genius for pointing that out. But to make two or three mocking jabs at Mormons and then shamelessly predict Jimmer will end up working at an “Izuzu dealership in Provo”? Really Reilly? For as humble and classy as Jimmer has been amidst his national success, why personally mock and deride him and his religion? Reilly showed his true bigoted colors in this article. You can read it here. Be warned; it’ll probably make your blood boil.
-Finally, I can’t express how grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation that God prepared for each of his children. I know that the Savior lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment