Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 1: Midway to Midway- June 3, 2011

We started our vacation yesterday. Liz picked me up in Midway, UT, and we drove to salt lake city. Liz’s sister, Jane, drove us to the airport. After checking in, I realized I left my phone at liz’s parents house. Oops. Jane rushed back and met me at the curb, while liz went through security to our gate. By the time I met up with jane, the airport security line had tripled and I saw that Lizzie was going to be going solo to Chicago on flight 537. I pleaded with the TSA agent for some help. He curtly responded, “this is why we tell you to plan ahead and get here early.” After a few more minutes of tense waiting, and after I resigned myself to a missed flight, a woman behind me told me to cut the line. The whole line. All one hundred people. And so I did. Felt like a jerk, but I made it to the gate with literally two minutes to spare.

And now we are at the Midway Chicago, waiting to catch a train for our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment