Sunday, November 6, 2011

August Already? Aug 7, 2011

Dave and I constantly discuss the fact that we are inconsistent bloggers. It isn’t because we don’t DO anything, on the contrary we have been soooooooooooooo busy this summer. The following is a list of things we should have but haven’t blogged about:

The St. Louis ending to our trip in June

Canyoneering with the Thomas Fam in Moab (where our camera gave up the ghost to the river!)

Lake Powell with Hancock side of Dave’s extended family

Spontaneous camping trip with our friends the Clyde’s

My never-ending job hunt (which has basically lasted all summer long, so I really don’t have an excuse for not blogging)

Our day-trip to Logan where we toured the Pepperidge Farm Factory and bought a HUGE bag of goldfish discounted for $2.00 (we also saw a play, and ate at an AWESOME mexican restaurant)

Watched my parent’s house and my little brother for the weekend, where Dave actually let my FOURTEEN year old brother drive the car….(my parents know now, so the secret is out)

I discovered how to make the BEST homemade lemonade ever, and made it four times in 2 weeks.

Not to mention the REAL SALT LAKE game we went to where we actually thought to snag this picture (although let the record show we both hate how this one turned out):


Our last trip of the summer was my family reunion in Oceanside (sorry, this was the only picture we took)




It was so great to be with my family, we love them so much and have so much fun when we all get together. Dave did take the following picture when we stayed over night in Vegas. Don’t look too close-I’d been traveling all day.

While in California we got to see some of Dave’s family too. Dave’s uncle John was kind enough to put us up for the night and introduce us to a seriously AWESOME italian restaurant and afterward we got to see Dave’s aunt and her family on her birthday!

We’re sad our vacationing is over considering how much we both love to travel and that the next four years we will become even more poor as Dave goes to law school and kisses his grown-up job/salary good bye.

However, we’re happy to be where we are right now and who we’re with. We had an awesome day today as we went to the Wasatch County Fair and then to hit some golf balls at the Wasatch State Park golf course-just for fun. Dave and I are determined to become pro golfers, but I will definitely need more practice….


Notice his form…

Notice how I’m not even swinging at the ball really, that’s how bad I am… :)



But I am happy!


Thanks for the wonderful afternoon Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment