Friday, April 27, 2012

Craving


They say pregnancy is a long, tough slog full of frustrations, stress, and miserable, painful days.

And that's just for the husbands.

Ok, but really, pregnancy does not seem to be "fun" in any sense of the word. I'm only one outside observer, but I've seen enough now to know that women go through the ringer to get this planet populated.

Lizzie is now in her second trimester. Month four seems to be better than the first three.Trimester Uno t was fun for no one. Morning sickness should be reworded as "all-day sickness."  I still can't say "J-Dawgs" around  Lizzie or she will physically hurt me.

However, I did enjoy making a list of the foods that she craved. I also made a list of the foods that she could not even stand to think about, let alone smell. And taste?  Over-her-and-a-roomful-of-innocent-victims dead bodies.


Lizzie's Food Cravings

  • Mashed potatoes
  • Chicken in a biscuit crackers
  • Orange juice. Pulp free.  But then….nope. Didn't drink one cupful.
  • Zuppas mushroom soup
  • Egg salad sandwiches. Lots of egg salad sandwhiches.
  • V-8
  • Salata German vinegar (don't ask me. I didn't even know this existed)
  • Cup of Noodle (funny story. she was craving this with a vengence and so she had me buy a whole caseful from Costco. Two Cup of Noodle's later, the craving subsided and we now have a pantry full of the stuff)
  • Tomato Soup
  • Pepperoni pasta salad
  • Ginger cookies
  • Tahara Umara salsa bar in Midawy
  • Café Galleria pizza in Midway

Lizzie's Food Aversions

  • Ranch dressing
  • Cream Cheese
  • Any type of meat, especially chicken
  • Café Rio
  • EVERYTHING
  • Milk
  • Yogurt
  • Tuna

A Few Favorite Quotes from the First Trimester
  • "I think  I could live as a vegetarian"

  • "She should be hanging over a toilet right now" -said to the female character in "Fast Five" who had just revealed she was pregnant, but was, at the same time, hanging on ledges, jumping across buildings, and driving fast cars

  • "Maybe I should have told them that I was pregnant"--said after a family discussion about vacation plans that included options of bike riding, conoeing, and extreme hiking; all of these activities were set to occur when she will be eight months pregnant

  • "So one more time. . . you're SURE I'm pregnant?" Said to the doctor during her first checkup after the doctor had told her, three times, that she was pregnant. Also, after she heard the baby's heartbeat

  • Dave: "Is there anything I can get you?
                    Liz: "A gun."




4 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha!!! I'm just happy that two of your food cravings take place in Midway! But yet I still don't ever see you guys...wait a minute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Dave, you are a good writer, it's good for husbands to see what woman go through and sorry to say, there is still more...much, much more, but it is all worth it, just know what your momma went through for you and how much she loves her first born son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sweet baby will be all worth it. I'm having more Nananell cravings. Can't wait to rock a newborn again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha ha ha ha! Still laughing . . . Really excited for you three!!! Yep Liz! You're pregnant!

    ReplyDelete